Monday, June 25, 2007

Thinking Blogger Awards

Thank you to Seaneen who has awarded me with the “Thinking Blogger Award”. What this really means is that I have simply been tagged with a glorified meme, but I feel honoured just the same!

According to the rules, you can only select others to receive this award if you have received it yourself, and you must link to the origin of the meme.

I would say that many of the blogs I read are enlightening or interesting in some way, but to be given the “Thinking Blogger Award” I suppose they really have to be ones that either inspire me to write my own thoughts on a subject, make me question my own opinions, or make me think deeply in some other way. Bearing this in mind, and in no particular order, I nominate as follows:

Mental Nurse – often inspires me to write of my own experiences, and has helped me to realise that some psychiatric nurses actually care about what they do.

The Police Inspector Blog – has helped me to see the human side of officers who try hard to protect the public, although often with their hands tied behind their backs.

Pole to Polar – no other blog fires me up in quite the same way and makes me want to walk the streets of London in protest!

Forensic News Blog – makes me think in more of an academic, scientific kind of way. A fascinating blog, with content that often leads to additional research on my part.

A Long Walk to Forever – thought provoking in a beautifully simple kind of way. Her quotes often leave me speechless.

To all of the above:

Congratulations! You’ve won a

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the “Thinking Blogger Award” with a link to the post that you wrote.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I am honored, though three of the blogs that make me think have already been tagged!

Mr Mans Wife said...

I thought about that, and I don't think it matters. Obviously the person will only do the meme once themselves, but I think it would be nice for them to know that more than one person has nominated them for the award! So go for it!